Eligibility of Applicants
- Each applicant must be between the ages of 25 and 45 at the time of application
- Married applicants must be married for a minimum of two (2) years
- Applicants who have one, two or no children may apply to adopt one or two children with some exceptions. Contact our office.
- No recent history of cancer or mental health disability
- At least one person of a couple must be a Canadian citizen
- Body Mass Index (BMI) of under 32
- No record of criminal conviction
Children in the program: Most children placed for adoption are between two to four years old at the time of adoption and are cared for in licensed foster homes or orphanages.
Wait time to adopt: From the time the agency receives your homestudy and provincial approval, it takes about 2.5 years to complete the adoption in South Africa.
Travel: Families are required to make one trip to South Africa of about 6 week duration to complete the adoption and immigration process.
Costs: Program costs do not include travel and accommodation overseas. Please see Summary Chart and contact our office to receive the Schedule of Fees and Services.