Eligibility of Applicants
- Each applicant must be between the ages of 25 and 44 at the time of application
- Married applicants must be married for a minimum of two (2) years
- Applicants may have no more than 2 biological children
- No history of cancer or mental health disability or history of major depression
- At least one person of a couple must be a Canadian citizen
- Body Mass Index (BMI) of under 32
- No record of criminal conviction
Children in the program
The majority of children who are referred for international adoption are done so due to economic distress. Children placed for adoption range in age between approximately age 2 to 4 years at the time of placement. Children are cared for in licensed baby homes, foster homes or orphanages.
Wait times to adopt
From the time the agency receives your homestudy and provincial approval, it takes approximately 24 – 30 months to complete the adoption in South Africa.
Travel: Families are required to make one trip to South Africa (to meet, receive their child and attend court date) and will be required to spend approximately six (6) weeks in the country at that time.
Costs: Program costs do not include travel and accommodation overseas. If you meet the above eligibility please contact the agency for a copy of our South Africa Program Package.